⭒ If you ask me, it’s definitely the word for 2020 fashion. Everything is getting paired down this season. Lives, jobs, attitudes, unnecessities, and even style. Some of us are really not healthy and are battling the coronavirus. Others of us are struggling with our mental health or with another issue. Maybe you’re 100 but what’s the point of wearing uncomfortable clothes when most of our days are spent sitting around our homes? I mean let’s be honest, the biggest trip I’m currently taking is from the living room to the kitchen for more snacks (oh great, another idea for a post). And even if you’re still working in essential services outside of the home, you want to be able to come back from the stress and relax.
I remember when I worked outside of the home – the best part was getting into my PJ’s or sweats at the end of a long day. Now I work in them all. day. long.
⭒ Right before stores shut down I actually went out and bought a couple of things that are both comfortable and stylish. I know, right! It was literally my first shopping trip in months. Check out what I got, on sale no less!
⭒ And of course I had to make some earrings to go with it! I paired this beautiful mauvy-pink outfit with some star + crescent baby blue tassel danglers for a soft, feminine look.
⭒Loungewear is both on trend and can be dressed up for an errand run or just because you’re tired of looking like a complete slob. Am I the only the one?
⭒ So here’s what I’m wearing:
- This beautiful Aeropostale lounge set is from Bluenotes in Brandon, Manitoba, Canada and it was 40% off! Such a pretty colour! They have some fab sales on right now.
- My earrings are from yours truly at my jewelry brand Trumpet + Tassel. I only made a few so get them quick! They’ll be listed on my Etsy store some time this weekend.
- This camel-coloured coat is from Ardene. Such a great find for a good price! Note: I got this one in XL so I can easily put it over sweaters, hoodies, etc. I just looked and they have a 50% off sale on right now!
- My burgundy purse, coin necklace, and black combat boots are also from Ardene. If you want super affordable trendy items like these, go here. Trends come and go so quickly, so I don’t spend much money on them (remember – spend more money on quality basics and less on trendy items).
- My hat is from Urban Outfitters online (I’ve linked it in a previous post). I bought this a few months ago thanks to a recommendation from Brooke Derksen. Check her out on Instagram! This colour and style goes with everything so ya, I wear it a lot. Once again, a trendy item I wouldn’t spend much money on.
- I went with a lot of pinks on my eye and lip for this look. My makeup was from a literal mixture of crap I dug up out of my disgusting makeup drawer. I’ve hardly worn makeup for 10 months so bare with me. I’m looking at buying and sharing a new brand though that is both professional quality and good for your skin! I’ll let you know! In the meantime and if you’re interested, I’ll do a separate post on this makeup look and let you know what drugstore products I used!
- My hair has not been professionally dyed or cut for almost a year now so I can’t give any super great tips there lately other than if you’re can do your own, go for it. At this point, we don’t have much choice with everything shut down here right now. To be honest, I can’t imagine how much money I’ve saved! This isn’t to put my amazing stylists out of business. Y’all know we’ll be back when it’s safe, but let’s take advantage of this time and get our hair as healthy as possible! Use this time to condition it up and go au natural! Grey-hairs unite! An amazing conditioner is from the brand Olaplex. OMG you guys! By it local if you can!
⭒ What’s your favourite go-to outfit for these long quarantine days? Hope you are all staying healthy and let me know how are you are and if I can pray for anything!