Pop open the bubbly and say cheers to a Happy New Year! 🍾
🍾 Moving on to the new is easy. It seems to be human nature to toss out anything that isn’t shiny anymore, and obviously 2020 NEVER was. But before we totally kick this year to the curb, let’s take a moment, shall we, to just thank God for all we discovered, simplified, and learned this past year! I’ve learned what’s important and what’s really not. I’ve learned to take care of myself or I won’t be around for anything or anyone. I learned to be more grateful on the daily and to believe in all God has put inside me. I’ve learned so much, I think more than any amazingly wonderful year could have taught me—how about you?
🍾 So with eyes set on 2021, let’s set our visions out before us so we can run with all God has for us. You know those dreams deep down in your heart? The ones that scare you and make you think there’s no way they’re possible. Ya those. God put them there. Let’s get them out and RUN with them shall we?!
How to Make a Vision Board
🍾 I have a secret plan to rule the world. Mwahahaha… Ok, maybe not THE world, but MY world! Goal setting is the Little Black Dress we all need, and Vision Boards are one way to visually lay out these goals and dreams for the year by using a collage of words and images. My goal with the vision board is to not only get all my hopes down for the new year but to also utilize it as a sort of roadmap to success, especially on those days that I need a reminder as to why I even started and where I’m trying to go. So let’s do this!
Goal setting is the Little Black Dress we all need, and Vision Boards are one way to visually lay out these goals and dreams for the year by using a collage of words and images.
🍾 This afternoon, I lovingly forced my family to get their computers and glue sticks and scissors out as well and we all hunkered down for an hour of visioneering. Ok, so I live in reality and my son only handled it for 20 minutes (yay I’ll take it) and my husband had to ditch out for work (says he’ll do it later) but we did get a bit of it done already and we still have a few hours left in the year! I might even take tomorrow as an off-work day and it get it all finished up and ready to go.
“Write the visionHabakkuk 2:2
And make it plain on tablets,
That he may run who reads it.”
🍾 The Word says to “record the vision and make it plain” so that ” the one who reads it may run with it“. Talk about a step by step way to a. know where you’re going, b. why you’re going there in the first place, c. in a simple way, and d. so the reader can run with it. I absolutely love this scripture and the practicality of much of the Bible such as this scripture and the Book of Proverbs (check it out!). Make plans with God and then set your boots to the ground to complete them. BOOM.
🍾 I’ve always been a dreamer. And I’ve also been a goal setter in the past. But most of my goals were so hard to reach, without the necessary steps to get there, that I lost hope and fell of the wagon quickly! I think that’s why New Year’s resolutions usually fail so miserably. Most of us have great intentions but it’s just the way to get to where we want to go is missing something.
🍾 I think I figured it out. A wise business mentor told me, focus your goals on process not unrealistic end goals. This will help you achieve them by focusing on the steps to get to where you want to go! So let’s do this baby!
Where Do I Start, Girlfriend?
- Write down a list of your goals and dreams. Pray and see what God is saying to you about your life and your upcoming year. Plan with Him and listen to what He’s put inside your heart (you know—those things you’ve always wanted to do, that make you excited to even think about, and that scare the pants right off you!). Jot them down!
Your Vision Board could include the following areas:
- Whatever else you can think of…
2. Get yourself the following supplies:
- a large piece of white paper or poster board
- if you don’t want to use paper, go digital! Get on Canva (a FREE app) and find a photo template you love!
- glue sticks
- a glass of wine or cup of tea
- some good tunage for a fun time! It’s New Year’s Eve!!
3. Now have fun! Write down your areas of focus with markers or print them off of Pinterest or an editing program (Pinterest has FREE download links that have super nice and swirly text for topic headings). Get some old magazines and cut out photo’s of your goals OR if you can’t find any (and your local corner store isn’t selling them anymore due to COVID) then print off photos from your computer and cut them out! The best part about this is literally the cutting and pasting. Takes me wayyyyy back to Kindergarten in a good way!
4. Take a photo of your finished product and send it to me! I’d seriously love to see them and make of post of them but ok, if not, just find a great place in your home to post it up so you can look at it daily and remember where you’re going!
SPECIAL NOTE FOLKS – plans change. Plans CAN change. And that’s ok! As we’ve seen with 2020, things don’t always go according to plan. God’s plans are higher and greater and sometimes we can’t always see them (kind of like a forest for the trees scenario). All you can do is plan your best, set your goals high with achievable steps, dream big with God and GO! If things change you can reset your vision as the year progresses. In fact, you should! Add photos. Glue on top of others. Don’t stress! If something unexpected comes up, learn to adapt and change course keeping as much as you can and adding or subtracting what need be! I know since I’m now having unexpected surgery at the end of January, I am having to realign my goals to much smaller ones for the first half of the year (like just surviving and resting lots so I heal up well). Roll with the punches and rock this year my friend! You’ve got this!
🍾 It’s really that easy! I’m looking forward to getting my Vision Board completed and up on my wall in my home office. Those days where I feel like “I can’t do this” or “what was I thinking” or “squirrel” (you know what I’m saying, right?), I’m going to have this Vision Board to remind me, and to get me re-motivated, inspired, and back on track!
🍾 Have you ever made a Vision Board before? Are you going to make one tonight? Let me know below, I’d love to hear from you! Post one goal you have for 2021!
Happy New Year Peachy Queens + Gents!